For a person my age I am pretty well travelled. I have been to a handful of countries as well as several states. I'm glad I have had all of those experiences. I don't quite remember how long ago, but it must have been 6 or 7 years ago that I decided that I wanted to visit Israel. I wanted to walk where Jesus walked, see the places where He taught, look over a piece of land and think, "This is where it happened." I put it on my prayer list and asked the Lord if He would let me go. There was a group from my church going in February. I asked a friend for more information. The way the timing worked out I could pay for the trip, but it was one day too long. I would have to miss too much school to go. Thankfully I found out there was a misunderstanding and that the trip was one day shorter. :) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God.
 |
| Mount of Beatitudes |
 |
| Capernaum, the headquarters of the ministry of Jesus |
 |
| Overlooking Jerusalem |
 |
| The Valley of Elah, where God used David to conquer Goliath |
It was an incredible trip. The Lord worked in my life in so many ways. I looked over these places and more than once was choked up with emotions as I thought of what happened. How the same problems those people in the Bible had, I had in my life. They had Jesus with them in person then. I have the Holy Spirit with me all the time.
If you have not been to Israel, I would definitely say you should go. It will change the way you think and read the Bible.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think!