Thursday, March 02, 2017

Land of Milk and Honey

     For a person my age I am pretty well travelled. I have been to a handful of countries as well as several states. I'm glad I have had all of those experiences. I don't quite remember how long ago, but it must have been 6 or 7 years ago that I decided that I wanted to visit Israel. I wanted to walk where Jesus walked, see the places where He taught, look over a piece of land and think, "This is where it happened." I put it on my prayer list and asked the Lord if He would let me go. There was a group from my church going in February. I asked a friend for more information. The way the timing worked out I could pay for the trip, but it was one day too long. I would have to miss too much school to go. Thankfully I found out there was a misunderstanding and that the trip was one day shorter. :) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God.
   

Mount of Beatitudes

Capernaum, the headquarters of the ministry of Jesus

Overlooking Jerusalem

The Valley of Elah, where God used David to conquer Goliath
 It was an incredible trip. The Lord worked in my life in so many ways. I looked over these places and more than once was choked up with emotions as I thought of what happened. How the same problems those people in the Bible had, I had in my life. They had Jesus with them in person then. I have the Holy Spirit with me all the time.
     If you have not been to Israel, I would definitely say you should go. It will change the way you think and read the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think!