Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Travel

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine
Only two more weeks till I board a plane headed to Japan! I'm getting so excited. We've pretty much packed everything already because we won't need our winter clothes until we get back anyway. Ben and I were looking at some old pictures he found from two trips ago. (We're cleaning out the closet that has all of the picture CD's because my grandparents are moving in.) We also found pictures from when we went to Washington D.C. in 2003. It's amazing how much those pictures and videos mean ten years later. There's a seven second long video of Ben and me rolling down a hill with the Lincoln Memorial and reflecting pool in the background. It's short, but somehow it brings back memories. We had Skittles in our pockets because Daddy bought some for us. We raced across the lawn to the Washington Monument. I now know he was trying to tire us out. It worked too. :)


 I'm really looking forward to this trip though, because I will be able to remember more. Unfortunately, this will probably be the last time Mommy, Ben, and I go together, and the last time my grandparents will be like they are now.

Two weeks. Fourteen days... By the way, the 30th, besides being our departure date, also happens to be Talk Like Jane Austen Day. It will be the 202nd anniversary of the publishing of Sense and Sensibility. You can bet I'll have a lot of fun with that. I will have Ben video me bumping into someone and saying with a British accent, "Oh, forgive me!" (from the 2007 adaptation of Persuasion). Maybe I'll act very emotional and then say, "I will be calm. I will be mistress of myself." (Sense and Sensibility, chapter 48). And when someone asks my opinion of something, I shall say, "It is tolerable; but not handsome enough to tempt me." (Pride and Prejudice, chapter 3).
:D Leigha

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your ideas for Talk Like Jane Austen Day! Here is the facebook page www.facebook.com/pages/Talk-Like-Jane-Austen-Day

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think!