Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Updates

Awesome Frisbee shot
Hey y'all! How time has flown! Tomorrow is December!!! I've just been so busy with school and the holidays. I'm thinking about making this a summer blog. I hope everyone out there has been having a just as awesome holiday season. How was your Thanksgiving? A ton of family from all over (Tampa, Tenn.) spent Thanksgiving for us. We had a ton of fun. I was the first time I saw my cousins from Tennessee since my oldest one (Shelby) got married in March 2010. Christmas is my favorite time of year with the cookies and parties and music! I've been knitting all of my presents. At church we are going to sing the Hallelujah chorus in the choir. The first time we practiced, I thought we would never get it right. :) We're getting pretty good at it. The Voices of Victory are learning new Christmas carols also. So far, my favorite carol is "Lo, How a Rose E're Blooming". While we're on this subject, I might as well tell you that the guy who invited us to England has withdrawn his offer... However, Pastor said that if we are set on going somewhere this summer, he will arrange for us to go to some English speaking country. :D
Macy had some major ordeals lately. We were dog-sitting Aki and Kuma (the teacup and toy poodle) when it happened which made it even more complicated. We had Macy spayed. We thought she was recovering well, but she didn't eat for 6 days! If she did eat something, she would barf it all back up. (We still have stains on the carpet around the house because of it.) We took her back to the vet and they did some blood work and x-rays. She had a lot of gas but we didn't know what was wrong. The vet wanted to operate (again) to see what was going on. When they went inside, they found out that some of the stuff that was supposed to help stop the bleeding from the previous surgery got wrapped around her small intestines. I'm glad they did the surgery or she would have died. The recovery took a little longer than expected, but everything is all right now and Macy is catching Frisbees just like before. :)
I've been going to a lot of theme parks lately too. On October 20th, I went to Seaworld with my co-op. It was fun. I went on Journey to Atlantis twice. They changed it since I last went. There was a twisty part added near the end.
Clyde and Seamore show at Seaworld
On November 21st, I got to go to the new Legoland Florida with my umbrella school! It was a great deal: $5 a person because we are a school group. I kicked myself in the parking lot when I realized I forgot my camera. Sorry. My friends and I went on every single roller coaster they had. The park is aimed for kids up to 12 years old so the rides were sort of disappointing. All of the employees have little Lego people on their name tags and if you bring your own, you can ask them to trade with you.
Other than that there really isn't anything to say... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think!