Sunday, July 03, 2011

Healing Our Country

Since I won't be here tomorrow, think of this post as my post for tomorrow.
Today was the big God & Country Day at church and it was a blast! Anyone who had the opportunity to come and didn't sure missed out! You all surely know that I'm in the choir at church and we did a mini patriotic cantata. During the "Salute to the Armed Forces" I tried to pay attention to Brother Barry (the director) but it was literally impossible. There was so much cheering and clapping and whistling and someone even brought a air-horn!!! And at the end all the balloons dropped and it was amazing! I wish I could have taken some pictures.
After all the excitement, we sang the last song.. and if anything could touch me, it was that song. Here are some of the words.

"Turn the Tide"
Though the waves of immorality may beat upon the shore, and it seems that all ungodliness is knocking at our door. We must never give up hope; we must not let them win the war. We must plead with him who has the power to cleanse and to restore. Turn the tide, Lord, turn the tide! Open wide the flood gates of your power. Stem the flood of wickedness. Restore, revive, and bless. Turn the tide.           
        (From "This Is My America" by Bible Truth Music)

It makes me think how this country has gone downhill so fast. I heard that on the news they beeped out "One nation under God" in the "Pledge of Allegiance"! How sad can it get? I'd like to ask everyone who's reading this post to pray. Pray for the country. Pray for the president, the congress and all those in the government. Pray for the city mayor, your pastor.

The Bible says in 2 Choronicles 7:14 KJV
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think!